the official website of author james twining

Enter your email address below to subscribe to my newsletter:


 RSS
curve

Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Blink and you'll miss it

As Harper Collins's PR wheels grind into motion in the weeks running up to the publication of The Geneva Deception - sorry I mean accelerate up to 88 miles an hour just as the lightening strikes the clock tower - a word of thanks to Emma Walsh, the President (and as far as I know sole member) of my Irish fan club, who continues to work her subtle magic when it comes to unofficially promoting my books.

Take the photo to the right, extracted from a recent article for which she was interviewed. Blink and you'll miss it, but look again and you'll see my name top right, where she has strategically positioned the spine of one of my books for maximum "bling, in ya' face, wattcha lookin' at mofo" impact.

Talk about subliminal. If I was a chocolate bar, this picture would probably have been banned by the ASA because tens of thousands of kids would have been inexplicably raiding their piggy banks and rushing out and buying KitKats. Actually if I was a chocolate bar, I'd like to be a Crunchie. Or maybe a Lion bar. It's tough to choose.

But I'm not a chocolate bar. I'm a writer with a new book coming out in a few weeks. Buy it.

I don't do subliminal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stefan Fergus said...

"I'm a writer with a new book coming out in a few weeks"...

Don't you mean "TOMORROW"?!

October 14, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

curve